It's getting dangerous...
Baby Fever, I mean. (don't worry, no bun in the oven)
Many of you know I have worked with children (babysitting, vacation Bible school, Sunday school, nannying, etc) since I was 10 years old: we are going on 12 years now people! Over these 12 years, my heart has grown to adore, cherish and love children deeply. I love how each child is unique, expresses themselves differently, have specific likes and dislikes, and are one of a kind! No one child is exactly the same as another. It's amazing...I love to simply observe children or ask them questions, curious as to how they are going to respond and in what ways they are going to break my logical thoughts with their new and untainted perspective on life and the things of this world. It's beautiful and refreshing.
Each time I would nanny or take care of someones kids, I ALWAYS, ALWAYS had at least one funny story to tell upon my return home; I love having the guarantee :) They never cease to amaze me.....or make me laugh
With all that said, (and to my mother's slight worry) I have been ready to be a mom since I was 15. (heart-wise: I still needed to find a husband of course and all that, but heart-wise I was more than ready.). I mean, it's bad. Movies such as Step Mom and Father of the Bride (1 + 2) would cause me to cry at the interactions and sweet moments between mother and child, or the birth of a precious baby....it's slightly pitiful.
Needless to say, taking care of infant twins has not helped the Baby Fever die down, but only increase the flames. I know our time to have children is not just yet. We still want to have this time to grow closer together, form the foundation of our marriage and spend quality one on one time with one another, uninterrupted by the constant demands of having a baby can bring. But I can tell you one thing: I long and eagerly wait for their arrival! Though I do not know them and they have yet to enter into the world, I've been praying for them. I can't wait to see what their personalities are, in what ways they will resemble Adam + me, how they will add to the forming of our family, and the gifts and passions God will place in their hearts! (sorry if this too far into "mushy" zone)
So yeah. I'm beyond excited. As if taking care of kids for going on 12 years, and currently caring for infant twins wasn't enough...they just had to go and make this movie.
entitled: "Babies" seriously?! you're killing me! you're killing me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aCZUb_dUGA&feature=related
but let's be real, I'm definitely going to see it :)
Up Next on "The Marvelous Misadventures of Mr. and Mrs. Bethany": The Winner of the "Rutherb" contest as well as pictures of and the recipe for scrumptious banana bread!
until then,
Baby-Fevering Mrs. B
6 years ago
Im right there with ya sister! ITS SO BAD, esp because alllll of our friends are pregnant or just have had little ones, and my sister in law is prego too. so now its on. I want one soooo bad. it is drving me crazy. Its addicting, the clothes, the bedding, everything. One day..... just got to convince the hubs its time to get preggers, I dont want to "slip up" haha, I dont think sabatoge is the best way. Miss ya sugar
ReplyDeleteI wanna be an uncle!
ReplyDeleteRuth, I too suffer from baby-obsession! Unfortunately there is no cure until motherhood, just the joy of perpetual babysitting. hehe.
ReplyDeleteoh goodness gracious, just enjoy having time to yourself and it just being the two of you! don't rush it! i felt exactly the same way you did, and all i wanted was to be a mom. I do LOVE being a mama, but i definitely miss Levi cause the time you get with you hubby post kids is a fraction of what you had before!
ReplyDelete