Thankfully, (though Im not quite sure how thankful I am about this one) an event occurred last night. Obviously, I am now going to tell you about it. So without further ado... **oh and don't get your hopes up too high, this is no GINORMOUS meatball story, but definitely.....definitely a mishap of sorts.**
If you didn't know, I am currently a "night nanny" for 10 week old twin boys (sooooooooo cute!!!). I absolutely love children and babies are no exception! Though the hours can be rough (11pm-8am) I am extremely thankful to God for providing me with a job doing something that I L.O.V.E. It's AMAZING to see how much they've grown since when I first started working with them (at 4 weeks) and even at this young age, how they already have differen personalities, likes and dislikes.
Let me introduce you to the boys:
Adam Walker: is the smaller of the twins and really looks like a little "peanut":) he loves to be cuddled, rocked, patted and has troubles getting up in the morning (it takes him awhile...just like another adam I know ha) he does little grunts as he falls asleep and is into intense strentching when he does wake up. He likes to smile and laugh when he drifts off into sleep...which is beyond adorable.
Ryan Brooks: Ryan mean "little king". HE is bigger than Adam and does not appreciate being rocked or rubbed...he only likes being held stationarily. He does not like to be left out of things that are going on (being fed, burped, sleep, etc) and will let you know if he wants to join:) He is a MORNING baby for sure! Like clockwork at 6:45 or 7am he is awake in his crib, asking to come downstairs. He loves his mornings and is an extermely happy baby once he is downstairs, where all the action is. He laughs and is extremely alert, happy just to be a part of he morning hub-bub.
now that you know a little bit about them, I won't hesitate to share the mishap. I was feeding Adam at 1am. He was hungry and drank the enire bottle. After burping him for awhile, I set him down on his "Boppie" (large, incliced pillow) so I could burp ryan (feeding/burping two babies at once can get tricky..especially if they both want to be held and have your full, undivided attention). Once Ryan was burped and put into his crib, Adam began fussing and fidgeting (which usually means he still has air that needs to be burped or gas).
So I began burping him...he seemed to find a little relief in that, but soon he started squirming like crazy and before I knew it, he was facing me, mouth fully opened, releasing ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the formula he had just consumed right in my face.
Warm regurgitated formula engulfed my face. (thankfully I wasn't making faces or talking with Adam, so my mouth was closed) He kept throwing up until my shirt, hair, and short were heavily coated in used formula.
I didn't move for awhile, due to shock I guess. But after assessing what had just happened, I laughed and began the process of cleaning Adam and myself up after that ordeal....what an ordeal! I continued to smell of old formula+bile for the rest of the night. Adam, on the other hand, after having done his thing, was SO happy! I mean who could blame him....he was feeling gross and then BOOM!! all that grossness leaves his system (lands on me) but leaves his system!
So in the end...I guess I was kinda thankful, because seeing him laugh and smile for over 30minutes made my night.
I mean come on....who could ever get mad at this little guy?!?!?!

Ciao,
Mrs. Bethany
ha ha that happens...the natural stuff smells even worse coming back up. Only time a smell made me want to vomit in return. You're a trooper watching twins AND doing it in the middle of the night. Glad you enjoy it. It would kill me :)
ReplyDeletewhen can i come and hold one of these PRECIOUS children???
ReplyDeleteIt's INCREDIBLE to see how much those things can throw up, and how far they can project it!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so good at this job! Way to go, Ruth--you are true momma at heart. :)
ReplyDelete